Short Poems 1

At least it makes the post longer:


Beyond The Past

I am growing my power flowing
Always knowing where I'll be going
Love eludes me yet stronger I grow
Free am I now the pace will not slow
And when fear comes I send it away
It cannot follow as I race into the day
But I saw her and the past came that night
And I went back to the past in the last flicker of light


Fading

The world will slowly spread
Till all the people are dead
I think I'm losing my head
It's just been filled with lead
And I can't take this hell of a world anymore
A cold wind begins to blow
My senses begin to slow
All that I want to know
Is a radioactive glow
Take my lifeless body and toss it out the door


In Slumber

As I sit there watching you sleep
I wonder what might have been
And could be
Secure in your life snuggled deep
What would it be like now without you
Without me
And in the calm that will precede the storm
You sleep content there now
Heart is true
And I gaze down on your angelic form
I am secure because of you in what
I must do