You Want To Know

You want to know?
Sitting alone counting the days
A single song on the radio
Filling my heart and my soul.
Reloading the loneliness

This is what I know.
Have to answer the questions
Every day when I look into
A couple of pairs of starry eyes
Give them an answer when there is none.

Do you really want to know?
Maybe if I cut, maybe if I bleed
The bitterness building up in me
The questions they will ask one day
The lies and equivocations I will say.

What do I know?
Walked down a path with each one in tow
And I know that I will walk this path alone
And fill up the wellspring of hate for her
While trying to teach them love alone

You want to know.
Pity I say that you came this day
Discovered me too late to save me
And though you don't know my own
Two alone in the world but for me.