The Second Love Song

1. a new purpose

As the Day begins
As the sky grows bright
As I rise from slumber
I think of you

Forever in my mind
Forever in my heart
Forever in my soul
I hold you to me

But why do I wait
But why do I falter
But why do I hesitate
To tell you all

And as I hold myself
And I draw myself in
And I shrink from it all
I think of you


2. hopeless love

I am alone
And I don't know why
I don't come out and tell you how I feel

Maybe fear
Fear of rejection
Keeps me in the loneliness that is my life

If I knew how to say
Say what I want to say
Then I would say it
Tell it all to you

But hopelessness
It is my only friend
A friend I will embrace who is not you


3. the curse

I was meant to be alone
Love was never mine to be
But once I caught a glimpse of Love
And as I sit here I can see
That until my end I'll be alone
My one true cursed lot in life
That causes my tortured soul to burn
And strike my small heart like a knife
And waiting for my life to end
Not knowing what I am to do
I know my curse that brings my end
Will make me face it without you


4. the depths of love

As I gaze across the clear blue water on a clear spring day
Looking for Love that someone does now hide
As in the shadows my life slowly fades away
It is as if I have already died
And to those who will find me I cannot say
Because the cruel Love to me has lied
And for Love to come I continue to pray
Even as I grow dark deep inside


5. true love

To hold you in my arms
To look into your eyes
To see you smile at me with love

To kiss you tenderly
Caress your loving heart
And know your love in return

To tell you of my life
And you will understand
And hold me as I relive the pain

To give my own soul life
That I can give to you
And we become as one in love

And as I fade away
When I reach my end
I know you will be there forever


6. unrequited

What in this world can I do for you
How can I make you see
Without using the few words I know
Just what you mean to me
I wait in the shadows my body is tensed
I will not let you fall
You smile and I walk away alone
For me now that is all
For Love has kept me alone tough I try
To say to you how I feel
For the pains of past love they still remain
And slowly do they heal


7. are you a goddess

With in your sight I an consumed
Your beauty living forever
All the world cries out
Your beauty lives forever
You sit above all like a jewel
A star in the sky
A diamond cut perfectly
Without a flaw
I cannot take my eyes away
Take them away from you
I cannot look away
Even if I were to try
The stars in the sky are cast away
to make room for you in the sky
And sleep comes easily
Knowing you are there


8. i leave once more

Fate calls to me and I find that I must leave
And I know I'll never feel the love that you could give
And my heavy heart in my chest is nearing the break
But I hold it in as I gaze upon you for the last time
And I think of what could have been and I know it could not
But the story of you and the story of me begin to diverge once again
Out to the world you go, and off to a land far away I'll be
But know that as long as you remember I'll still be there
And I will remember, and I will replay those days in my mind
And I will believe that something more was in my grasp
So I say goodbye to you as I hear the voice of fate calling
And I find that it is time for me to leave.